Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to Chiropractic Care
(NewsUSA) - Lower back pain, it's been said, is very democratic.
Meaning, tens of millions of people of all stripes -- from truck drivers to stock brokers -- experience it at some point in their lives, and the worst cases can be positively debilitating.
"You'd be a really uncommon person never to have had an episode of back pain," Chris Maher, a health researcher at the University of Sydney, told NPR.
But now there's a new wrinkle -- or, some would say, an opportunity.
With the country in the midst of an opioid abuse crisis, many of those sufferers now find themselves looking for alternatives to the potentially addictive -- and sometimes lethal -- prescription painkillers that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently urged physicians to dramatically curtail prescribing.
One favorite alternative? Drug-free chiropractic care, which has been praised for its"emphasis on your body's innate healing wisdoms."
Doctors of chiropractic are well-trained and highly educated, and use hands-on techniques to help enhance flexibility, muscle strength, and range of motion. Reflecting chiropractic's growing popularity, notes the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress' Dr. Sherry McAllister, most insurance and health plans cover its use.
To locate a nearby doctor of chiropractic, visit www.f4cp.com/findadoctor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent villanovan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR VILLANOVAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST VILLANOVAN NEWS
- Faculty Congress endorses letter regarding Charles Murray's visit
- NOVAdance marathon breaks record
- Philly run, labor of love
- Editorial: Working towards gender equality
- Baseball off to sluggish 2-12 start, Wofford up next
- VP of Club Running overcomes chronic health issues to pursue passions
- Four former Villanova football players invited to NFL Pro Day
RECENT VILLANOVAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa